Such as these eggplants. I am not greatly happy with them. If you look at my last post you will see that all the leaves have been eaten by something (I strongly suspect those ladybirds, which have far too many spots for my liking). Some of the bottoms were hard but the tops were ok. I have a new plant in the front garden which I have great hopes for but these will do for now.
So recipe for Moorish Vegetables
Cut vegetables into even sized pieces so it cooks more evenly. I used:
* 4 very small eggplants, 3 yellow zucchini, a handful of mushrooms, 1 carrot, 2 red onion, 3 garlic, 2 red pepper and half green pepper
* Add oil, salt, pepper, 2 tbs ground coriander, 1 Tbs ground cumin, 1 Tbs fennel
* Roast in oven at around 200 Celsius for 40 mins or until the veggies have a golden tinge to them
* Add 1 jar of tomato passata or a couple of tins of tomatoes. Plus a rinsed can of chickpeas. Then throw it back into the oven for 25 mins or until it is all soft.
* I throw cubes of Haloumi cheese into a frying pan to brown off with lemon juice.
* Chop up a bunch of coriander.
* Scoop out the moorish veg into a bowl, top with Haloumi and herb. Serve with quinoa or rice or crusty bread or nothing. It's up to you.
It is a great use of zucchini and other veg you might have in the garden