Anyhoo this week I harvested quite a bit from the garden...
|So zucchini and tomato were for dinner tonight and the chilli was used in a post from yesterday|
Jen's zucchini as pasta
* Using my vegetable peeler I sliced the zucchini into ribbons or pasta strips.
* Made a basil pesto (another glut in the garden). Used, basil, garlic,salt and pepper, parmesan, olive oil and lemon juice
* Roast the tomatoes in the oven for half an hr with a bit of garlic oil and salt.
* Boiled the 'pasta strips' for a minute or 2.
* Drain and serve. Toss in a few tomatoes, a good dollop of pesto and a few shavings of parmesan cheese.
The results.... It was good but it kinda lacked a bit of flavour. I would try it again because it was so quick but perhaps I might serve it with a tomato based sauce rather with baby spinach, nuts and possibly a blob of ricotta. Or maybe even a creamy mushroom sauce. The posibilites are endless