I know it's been a few weeks since I last wrote a zucchini post. I have been sulking a bit because all my zucchini plants have died for one sad reason or another. I will have to plant them in a more sensible position next year and pray for no rodents.
But they are such a versatile vegetable I have to buy them. And last nights dinner was so good I thought I should share. I made veggie burgers a recipe I found in the fruit and veg shop on one of those cards put out by Sydney Markets. Here's what they looked like
* Heat oil and add a finely chopped Onion, a couple of chopped garlic, a grated Carrot (which actually came from the garden) and a couple of grated zucchini.
* Cook for a few minutes until they are tender.
* Set aside to cool.
* In a food processor process a can of Chickpeas, a handful or 2 of breadcrumbs. Throw in the cooked veggies, an egg and season to taste.
* Form into patties and roll in more breadcrumb.
* Cook patties over a medium heat and turn carefully as you don't want to break them up.
Mr R grilled thin slices of zucchini (just to make sure there is enough zucchini)
Then add a sliced tomato, beetroot, haluomi, homemade onion relish and avocado.
It was quite a stack let me tell you! Can't wait for lunch tomorrow. So what amazing zucchini dishes have you been cooking lately?