Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Bloggers bloom day- September

Over view across the front garden with Salvia sp in foreground

So here we are again on Garden bloggers bloom day, and it is spring in my Sydney garden.  There is quite a lot of pretties in flower at the moment.  It is quite something how the colours of flowers change throughout the year.  There are a lot of blues, pinks and pastel colours around.  I guess that depends on what you put into the garden of course.

Here are some of the beauties:

Bees really do the bright blue of my Echium candicans (Pride of Maderia).  It does take up quite a bit of space in the front corner

The lonely whitebell in amongst the Hyacinthiodes hispanica.  While the bank of bluebells grows out the front it might be some time before it looks anything like the forests we see in the UK

Loropetalum chinese 'Plum Delight'

Ixia maculata (corn lily)

Arctotis 'Red Magic' and Geum 'Mrs J. Bradshaw' are some of my new babies

This a Begonia that a client gave me not sure of the variety

This pot of Bletilla striata (Chinese ground orchid) is very cheerful at the front door

My lovely second cousin Alison kindly gave me this clump of Dendrobium speciosum (Sydney rock orchid) from her fathers garden.  Lucky me.

Thanks again to May at www.maydreamsgardens.com for hosting the bloom day



No comments:

Post a Comment