|It is not enormous yet but it is not doing so bad|
|I am not sure if they are male or female flowers but they sure afre pretty|
Anyway this week while at the markets I saw more zucchini flowers and I just couldn't walk past, not while they are still in season. But I couldn't decide what to do with them.... So I stuffed them and crumbed them to pan fry (we don't have a deep fryer). I also thought I would make use of a small glut of tomatoes I had. I had a quick look at a couple of recipes and put this together.
Jen's stuffed zucchini flowers with quinoa and veg
* Mix some feta (I used Yarra Valley) with lemon rind, a touch of parmesan and seasoning.
* Remove the stamen inside the zucchin flower and stuff with the cheese mix.
* Crumb and leave in the fridge for a bit.
* Cook quinoa according to packet
* Pan fry a whole pile of veg. I used Mushroom, Zucchini, Carrot, Broccoli, Spinach, Snow Peas and oven roasted tomatoes.
|Lovely home grown toms|
* Chop herbs for the top, I used coriander
* Have your lovely assistant pan fry the zucchini flowers and add to the top
|Quinoa and veg with crumbed zucchini flowers|