This week I got a recipe out of Belinda Jefferies 'Mix & Bake'. It is her Zucchini and Kumara Bread recipe. Again I have changed it a little because of what I had in my cupboard.
* Heat oven to 180 C. And butter 2 loaf tins.
* Whisk 260g plain flour, 200g wholemeal flour, 2 & 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and a good handful of chia seeds (because they aregood for you) in a big bowl.
* Stir through 250g toasted walnuts and 300g dried cranberries
* Add 1 cup grated zucchini and a cup of grated sweet potato. I think you could get away with just the zucchini only if you wanted
* In another bowl whisk 3 eggs, 110g castor sugar and 110g brown sugar
* Then add 125ml of rice bran oil, 125ml buttermilk and 2 tsp vanilla
* Mix the wet mix into the dry until just combined then divide into the 2 loaf tins
* Bake for about 50mins. Check with a skewer that it comes out clean after stabbing the cake.
|Two lovely loaves. We popped one in the frezzer for later|
|You can just make out the flecks of zucchini|
Pop over to Garden Glut for more amazing zucchini recipes.